|Map showing the member states of the Adonian Community|
Map showing the member states of the Adonian Community
|Membership||### member states|
# observer states
• AC Charter signed
|11 November 1947|
• Charter entered into force
|1 January 1948|
The Adonian Community (AC) is an intergovernmental organization established on 1 January 1948 to promote international co-operation. The organization was created at the end of the Great Adonian War to prevent another such conflict. At its founding, the AC had 28 member states; there are now XXX. The AC Headquarters is situated in the international city of Areza, directly administered by the organization, adjacent to the Triphylia Canal and the city of Raph, Triphylia. Further main offices are situated in Sula, Jumia and Doria. The organization is financed by assessed and voluntary contributions from its member states. Its objectives include maintaining international peace and promoting human rights, fostering social and economic development, protecting the environment, and providing humanitarian aid in cases of famine, natural disaster, and armed conflict.
- 1 History
- 2 Structure
- 3 Membership
- 4 Mission
- 5 Funding
- 6 See also
Great Adonian War
With the Treaty of Klow signed on 18 July 1947 by the Allied Powers and Varkana established a basis for a "general association of nations under specific covenants for the purpose of affording mutual guarantees of political independence and territorial integrity to great and small states alike". This led to the inclusion of the AC Charter in the Treaty of Koblenz which would be signed in November 1947 after lengthy negotiations throughout that year.
The Treaty of Koblenz entered into force on 1 January 1948, formally establishing the Adonian Community. As construction of Areza would take several years to be completed, the first meetings of the Adonian Assembly, with ## nations represented, and the Security Council took place in PLACE, Ampuria, Volisania beginning on 1 January 1948. They continued to be held there until April 1954, when Areza was officially inaugurated. The Hitanese Foreign Minister, DUDE, was elected as the first AC Secretary-General.
With the spread of decolonization in the 1960s, the organization's membership saw an influx of newly independent nations.
In 1986, the AC - - - - Kastrunetian Civil War. U/C
Adonian Court of Justice
The Adonian Court of Justice (ACJ), located in Areza, is the primary judicial organ of the AC. Established in 1947 by the AC Charter, the Court began work in 1948 as the successor to PREDECESSOR COURT. The ACJ is composed of 15 judges who serve 9-year terms and are appointed by the Adonian Assembly; every sitting judge must be from a different nation.
It is based in the Internationales Gerichtsgebäude in Areza. The ACJ's primary purpose is to adjudicate disputes among states. The court has heard cases related to war crimes, illegal state interference, ethnic cleansing, and other issues. The ACJ can also be called upon by other AC organs to provide advisory opinions.